INSTANT ORGANIZATION

I grew up with a sister, traveled with ten girls during my semester abroad, and lived in a house of eight girls for my senior year. The one constant? Girls have a lot of stuff. It's hard for a place to ever really feel clean when every surface is covered with baubles, cosmetics, and various knick knacks (and that's the good stuff). One trick I'm learning for instant organization? Say it with me: trays are the answer.

Placing items on a tray instantly makes them feel like part of a collection, whether it's glassware or liquor or makeup. Doesn't the gold tray remind you of this one in my boutique?

Place one on your bedside table to corral jewelry you wear every day and one in your bathroom to display makeup. (Side note: have you seen how Grace from Stripes + Sequins stores her makeup brushes? In the monogrammed pencil cup from my boutique! Genius.) This tray would be perfect for either purpose!

I love how Nicole uses her Tilly Maison tray! It makes me want to stock up on Chanel nail polish and Tom Ford lipstick ;)

I love these silver pieces! You could find similar vintage items on Etsy or go for a modern take with the silver lacquer tray in my boutique. Why didn't I learn the tray trick before I graduated from college? ;)

- - - 

Shop all the trays available at Design Darling here and tell me — what are your tips and tricks for feeling better organized?

Keep up with Design Darling on Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter



0 comments:

Post a Comment