"THINKING IS SCARY, BUT IT'S WORTH IT."


"Do you ever go for a walk just to think?" an old friend asked over drinks the other night. I thought about it. I walk everywhere — to the coffee shop, the gym, the library. I walk my dog three times a day. But walking just to think? No, I guess it's been a while. Too long, in fact.

Do you ever catch yourself just going through the motions? Like you're out of energy and ideas? It's easy to keep on down that path, isn't it? It's way harder to acknowledge it and take time to really think about why that might be the case. 

I'm grateful for the people in my life who can tell me when I'm not my best self and who can give me a bit of a reality check. I don't have it all figured out right now so I guess today we'll call it food for thought. As my friend said, "Thinking is scary, but it's worth it."

On a happier note, I could not be more ready for a little vacation next week. I think a couple days on Nantucket with my cousins and siblings is just what the doctor ordered.


0 comments:

Post a Comment