APARTMENT DETAILS

Several of you have asked when I'll be sharing a full apartment tour on the blog! I am absolutely dying to share everything with you but have so many finishing touches I'd like to wrap up before I whip out my fancy camera. Until it's 100% ready (I'm sorry to be so type A!), I thought I'd share sources for some of the items I've shared sneak peeks of on Instagram

My sofa is finally in place! It was an impulse purchase on Joss & Main, which I highly recommend checking daily — seriously it's my new addiction. If you're looking for something similar, it looks almost exactly like this one from West Elm. I bought the blanket on Joss & Main as well and the mirror was a vintage score given to me by my mom for my birthday. It totally makes the space! See this post for some of my favorite mirror recommendations. 

I'm using Ikea's Expedit shelves as a room divider with the Branas baskets to store jewelry, paper, and more for my boutique. My bed is on the other side of the shelves and I bought four of these Society Social chairs for around the table where I pack boxes. They're the perfect scale for the space and can be folded up and tucked away if I'm tight on space! The Diptyque candle was a little housewarming gift to myself while shopping with Alex, Amy, and Emily.

This CB2 acrylic console used to be underneath the mirror where the sofa is but now it sits in front of the window and functions as my desk. I need to add a couple end tables to the mix for storage but I love the look!

This Euro Style Lighting mirror is my newest addition. The leather trim kind of kills me in the best way possible. I'm not sure where I'll be hanging it permanently but I kind of like the reflection of the backs of my bookshelves!

Details from my bookshelves... Coral found on Nantucket, Design Darling matches and tortoiseshell bowl, and a few favorite reads including this and this.

I still have so much to do, including but not limited to:
1. Finding a teeny tiny table for next to my door. I desperately need a central spot for tossing keys and mail!
2. Deciding on bedding, headboard, etc. Right now I'm sleeping on the sheets I had a couple years ago in college... This is the definitely the "area" that feels the furthest from completion.
3. Figuring out storage for my office area. My printer is currently on the floor — so not cute or practical.
4. Trying to squeeze an end table on either side of the sofa... This might be mission impossible!
5. Hang a full-length mirror on the closet door and a push light above the clothing rod. I have a decent-sized closet but it's pretty useless when I can't see a thing inside it! 

I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy the process of decorating instead of rushing to make it feel "finished." Thanks for all your enthusiasm! Any other sources you want to know? Tweet me here!

Keep up with Design Darling



0 comments:

Post a Comment